Saturday, November 15, 2008

Eulogy

What would one say if they were to write their own eulogy? The answer: a lot less than than anyone else... "I was a person... I didn't achieve anything and now I can't... I suck, I'm a loser and I'm sorry I caused you all pain from dying I guess my existence was a bad thing..." if you're reading this and thinking "Yep that's about right" then you my friend ARE SO VERY WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! There is a reason why we don't write our own eulogies and it's not just because we're dead! It's because when we see a mirror we see less then your friend sees looking at you... the world can be so very cruel but we are the cruelest of them all to ourselves... if you think you suck your opinion is wrong... and in the reverse for the vain and selfish: if you think you are the greatest thing around your opinion is incredibly wrong... the vain are evil and pathetic and those who view themselves as pathetic are sometimes very wonderful people :)

Oh how cruel the world would be if it would only judge itself...

Well eulogies may seem overly done and they go on about how nice people are and how wonderful they were during life and you think "OK I knew that person they weren't really that great..." then think that the same will happen with you and no one will actually care and it's just common courtesy to show up to someones funeral... you have to be one cold son of a hobo to not go to a friends funeral. Well once again these sort of people are WRONG! OK so far their only failing seems to be they can't realise their own potential.... or not even potential... they don't realise what they do and the things they do and jsut how great they really are sometimes. It's really sad because I have this certain need to help people (OK let's hope this doesn't border on personal information here or I start to break my own rules as stated in the first blog entry...) and I don't feel like I've done or achieved anything unless I help others feel good about themselves... kinda annoying if you want to take over the world... because you have to do it with mild nagging but then going "Sorry am I annoying you? I'll stop.... but you know, what could I do to make you give in though? In a nice way though...." so I instinctively find people who are... "Broken" because they have enough problems with them to make them feel better every now and then when I try to solve these problems... sometimes I succeed (if only temporarily) and somtimes I fail...

... it's very annoying when I fail... because I have to live with knowing that the person I was trying to make feel better is still broken.... I really wish some people would just open their eyes, look in the mirror and think "Hey... I actually look good..." or write and essay and go "Hey... I actually am proud of what I wrote" or look at two marks, one AMASINGLY GOOD and one that wasn't and go "Yay! I did really well in one assessment!" instead of focusing completely on the worse mark... if only that person listened to the people around them trying to reassure them they'd feel so much better... it's just annoying looking at a person and seeing that they are so absorbed in their own little delusions that they are worthless that nothing you say can help them feel good about anything.... I feel sad because they're sad... and now I sound kinda vain "I know YOU have a problem but please stop having it! You're making ME sad now!" but everything can be twisted to be either good or bad... I have proved this with my latest media project... I took my archrival, documented him making his media project (It was on reality TV) and he is pretty much #1 TOP student for the year in media, absolutely brilliant and when he gets and assignment he goes all out and hands in 20 pages of work when everyone else does 2-5.... then I made him and his group, look abusive, violent and dysfunctional.... now if you can edit footage to make someone look completely different to who they are then surely someone with the paranoid delusion that no one cares can twist things around them to make it all look negative...

You're not perfect... the world's not perfect....

... give up?

.... accept this and realise you did a pretty darn good job given the fact no one can be perfect?

Which one do you choose? If you chose the first one then you get a free hug *Hug* OK feel better now? If not... I am not letting you go until you do... the world cares a lot more about those who care nothing about themselves then you would think....

Eulogy:

A brilliant person, kind, caring, loving, self loathing and deluded into thinking they weren't worth anything... if they looked back on their lives they'd see nothing but failure... But when everyone else looks back on that persons life we see non-stop laughs. We see someone who held themselves back but still managed to do some pretty decent things with their life... they might have raised kids, they might have written a book, they might have done so much but never really appreciated it. We did...

If they could see how dearly they will be missed... they'd have realised just what they meant to us all :)

...Hoorah for the broken....


--Dedicated 15 Nov 2008 to a wonderful person :) May mirrors one day be your friend

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I actually have tears in my eyes.
You are so very amazing.
This was beautiful.
Love you always,
xo <3

Metal_Cenobite said...

yeah...because my group totally isn't dysfunctional or violent :|
lolz xD

nice write up, well done. was quite enlightening ^-^