Tuesday, January 27, 2009

visions of an evil angel

has anyone heard the song evil angel by breaking benjamin??? it is a fucking awsome song. i only really listened to it the other day, and it is now one of my favourite songs. here are the lyrics:

hold it together, birds of a feather,
nothing but lies and crooked wings
i have the answer, spreading the cancer,
you are the faith inside of me.

no, dont, leave me to die here, help me survive here
alone, dont, surrender, surrender,

put me to sleep, evil angel
open your wings, evil angel

im a believer, nothing could be worse,
all these imaginary friends
hiding betrayal, driving the nail,
hoping to find a savior

no, dont, leave me to die here, help me survive here
alone, dont, surrender, surrender,

put me to sleep, evil angel
open your wings, evil angel
fly over me, evil angel
why cant i breath, evil angel?

put me to sleep, evil angel
open your wings, evil angel
fly over me, evil angel
why cant i breath, evil angel?


awsome song. you might not think so by the lyrics, but its actually really beautiful. 

anyway, yesterday was australia day. went round jethro's place. twas awsome. im about to hit a down from all the coke i'v drunk. not as bad as drinking 20 v's in one day, then washing it all down with 7 beers. moving on, i went to sleep o jehro's doormat at about 4 am. before i went to sleep though, i wanted to listen to some music. guess what song i was listening to???

so there i was, lying on the doormat, listening to breaking benjamin, and about the time it got to the second verse, and all these images started running through my head. you know how sometimes you'll be listening to a song and it will make you think of certain things??? well it was like that, only it was a string of random images. i was still awake at the time, cause i could hear the music and i knew what part of the song it was up to. but it wasnt something i was controlling as it was going through my head. just kept going and going.

well, about the time it got to the second verse, this image of really bright light came into my mind. like, blindingly white light. it kinda burnt my eyes. only it was in my brain, so it couldnt have hurt my eyes. it hurt my minds eye. then an image of this white figure came up, and it had 6 wings, and it was like it was made of light. even brighter than just the light. then during the bridge of the song, i saw myself as an angel. i had 2 wings, and they were big and had long, fluffy white feathers. and i looked really sad for some reason. second chorus i was kinda just standing there with all this light behind me, and i was staring off into the distance, hell dramatic like.  

guitar solo: me flying on my wings through the clouds. fricking awsome. i'd love to be able to fly. first line of the chorus, me flying over the area near were me and al my friends live. second line, me descending to earht, and my wings are all billowy and im shining light. third line of chorus, im hanging over the bed of a person who shall remain nameless. im trying to give them good dreams i think, or just watching over them. im all transparent and their sleeping peacefully. fourth line of chorus, person is falling into my arms and hugging me, i hug them back, and my wings fold over us both. then as the song ends it goes back to the light, then the song ends and all the images are playing in my head. 

it was really weird. but awsome. cant really explain what it was all about. dont really want to. well it was fun while it lasted. i have since finalised a new belief iv been thinking about for some time now. well i believe in angels and demons. angels are supposed to be pure good, and demons are supposed to be pure evil. i personally believe there are exceptions to this rule, and that not all angels are good and not all demons are bad. but anyway, they are both supposed to be the different ends of the extremes known as good and bad. humans fit somewhere in between. they have the capability to do both, where as demons are supposed to be unable to do good, and vice versa with angels. therefore i have come to the conclusion that each human is a reincarnated fusion of the souls of an angel and a demon. i believe i have the souls of a demon of rage and an angel of sorrow. why, you may ask??? because those are the emotions i feel the most in my day to day activities, and they are the strongest i feel most of the time. anger is my greatest strength, and sorrow is my greatest weakness.

makes sense, doesnt it??? well it probably doesnt. iv hit my down from the coke, and im sleepy as shit. till next time, south park rules.

4 comments:

Bilby P. Dalgyte said...

soooo... u were how drunk again? Nah ok that's very interesting actually. It is quite an awesome song :D I just listened to it 2 minutes ago :P

OK quick fun fact... 133,306,668 angels were meant to have fallen and sided with Satan (according to Pope John XXI in 1273) and 266,613,336 stayed loyal to God... which correlates with this bit in the bible where it says a third of the stars will fall to the earth and theres some other 3rd of stuff and revelations is all very metaphorical and symbolic ect ect... (the number of demons is half of the angles making them 1/3 of the total amount) enough about that.... anyhoo....

i have no idea how that pope came up with those numbers...

what an interesting experience.... thatd be cool having a blinding light in ur mind. i'd like to fly too... what is with humans and flying? its one of those things we just really wish to do...

Can I guess who this person was u were at the edge of the bed of? not... the hardest thing to guess really...

I think thats an interesting idea... Angels being slightly evil or demons slightly good... hmm that makes sense. man being the reincarnation of the souls of angels and demons... mmm nah thats kinda odd (very interesting idea though. u have such a fascinating mind) more like free will allows the options of good and evil... if God stops people from being evil he takes away free will and that itself is inherently evil... so humans r capable of both but r not so determined in their resolves to be as good or as evil as a demon by themselves... we r affected by the things around us and choose to do as we wish just as demons have chosen to be demons...

...or so i think... yeah thats my theory "free will allows evil." and therefore has spawned all the oddities in the dark depths of the human mind :)

the thing that should not be said...

i wasnt drunk. now what demon and angel do you imagine yourself to be reincarnated from???

hypothetically of course. just interested to know what you see yourself as.

the thing that should not be said...

and yes, i know the persons not hard to guess, but it hought we werent revealing names of ourselves and co-authors???

plus, who else would i be thinking about at 4 am???:P

Bilby P. Dalgyte said...

I wouldn't have the slightest clue... don't really know of any angels or demons... there's Gabriel but I don't think I'd be reincarnated from him.

well you could be thinking of me at 4am.... i mean... you know... not far fetched... probably not in the same way i hope but still