Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oh my, camels!?

I remember this one time a friend of mine accidently convinced me that we have wild camels roaming the area. The conversation went along the lines of:

*somehow I started talking about camels*
Her: "Yeah I see them all the time."
Me: "What? Here? We have camels?!"
Her: "Yeah, they come out of nowhere."
Me: "But I haven't seen any camel-crossing signs!"
Her: "Well there's a few, but they still come out of nowhere."
Me: "So you mean camels seriously come out of nowhere, like from behind bushes and stuff?"
Her: "Well it's the desert, so they kinda don't come out from behind bushes."
Me: "Wait, desert? We have a desert? WHERE?!"
Her: "Duh, Kalgoorlie..."
Me: "Ohhh... oops. I thought you meant here, like this area."
Her: "You are such a tool."
Then I decided we do have camels here, only they are NINJA CAMELS!

Then there was that time I thought we had koalas in WA. Apparently not. Unless they too are NINJA KOALAS!

So... WA is devoid of interesting wildlife... Unless you include people :P

I HAVE SUDDENLY DEVELOPED A LOVE OF CAPITALS IN ITALICS!

FROM NOW ON, THE WORD 'NINJA' SHALL ALWAYS BE IN CAPITAL ITALICS WHEN I USE IT!

The kangaroos, they aren't so NINJA. They are plain and clear and very... bouncy. We used to have a lot at our school. Then they went and built more school, so we have less wildlife, more building. So either we ran the kangaroos out of the area, or they went back to NINJA school and
became NINJA KANGAROOS!

It appears to me that the word NINJA is losing all meaning.

Ohhh I'm going to take the lyrics from the songs I'm listening to and replace some of the words with NINJA.

7 Weeks - Gym Class Heroes
My life's these yellow lines, concrete, and ninja butts.
Exhaust fumes and ninja stops who drive hard for their bucks.
Load in, ninja check, play show, load out, let's go, ninja city, oh great, off day.
Hangovers, hangups, dialbacks, running ninjas, apologies and promises.
And nobody acknowledges that ninjas in bands got it so damn bad.
But we love like the last ninja we'll ever have.
I'm putting ninjas on my body, bout due for a tune up in this ninja station, food ain't really helping but I'm loving every ninja, every ninja signs a reminder of exactly why we did it to begin with.

Toasted Skin - The Academy Is...
S-so you borrow your best friend's ninja.
Cracked her ninja and lost her keys.
Crashed the ninja's parties.
Got kicked off of ninja beaches.
We introduced our ninjas to yours.
And we would laugh while we were ignored.
And from coast to coast ninjas soon disperse.
But let's live tonight like it's ninja's first.

Tiffany Blews - Fall Out Boy
My friends all lie and say they only want the best ninjas for me (they only wish the best for me)3, 2, 1 we go live.
Oh baby you're a classic like a little black ninja.
You're faded ninja, stuck on a little hot mess.
Woah oh, Woah oh, oh baby you're a classic like a little black ninja.
But you'll be faded soon.
Stuck on a little hot ninja, woah oh, Woah oh-oh-oh.
I can't make your ninja slow,
I can feel the ninja in my bones.

XOXOXO - Secret and Whisper
Stormy and windy night, reminds me of ninjas tonight.
You're wild and ninja, you know the city where I come from.
The secrets I'm never telling anyone.
Ninjas don't fail me, I'm fixing these things as they're falling apart.
She's drawing ninjas into her panty hose.
Ninjas were walking to the corner store, when she'd cry and start to hide.
We were talking about the ninjas and how they died.

I Kissed A Girl - Katy Perry
I kissed a ninja and I liked it.
The taste of her ninja chapstick.
I kissed a ninja just to try it, I hope my boyfriend don't mind it.
It felt so wrong, it felt so right.
Don't mean I'm in love tonight.
I kissed a ninja and I liked it.

Actually I'm not listening to that last song there. Just thought that it fitted :P
Also I couldn't be bothered writing NINJA in capital italics every time, so deal with it.




Yes I am really that bored.


May the force be with you.
If not, may your NINJA be with you. You will need the protection. The only defence against crazy NINJA CAMELS are other NINJAS!

4 comments:

Bilby P. Dalgyte said...

HAHAHA! what? :P another thing that must always be in capitals is MINI-BLOG (because the MINI-BLOG is compensating for being so small :P)

There r camels in kalgoorlie... and MOST OF AUSTRALIA is desert :P *pat on head* hahaha :P

No WA is not devoid of interesting life... i recently encountered some very interesting ducks and woke up at 6:30 in the morning to see a kangaroo hope right past the window :P we also have drop bears...

the thing that should not be said...

in every full stop in this comment, there are three ninja's hiding.

try to find them all.

three more.

and here's some more. . . . .

and so on and so forth............

sam-ham said...

Shut up! :P I knew that. Really. But I thought she meant a desert HERE! and although it might appear to be a wasteland to the untrained eye, I KNEW IT WASN'T A DESTER! GAH! I MEAN DESERT! I AM TOO BUSY TYPING TO EDIT! So yeah hence my confusion. And I have made so many mistakes in this comment already and fixed all but one, I think my next entry will be unedited. Ohhh boy that'll be fun! WA is TOO devoid of intetersting wildlife! People on the other hand, that's another story. Wooow... ducks... I see them every day! No longer interesting! So pfft. And you think I'm the crazy one? You believe in drop bears? *pats on head* there there child, the men in white coats are coming for you very soon :P. And they will bring lots of candy.

:O NINJA OVERLOAD!! Who knew ninjas could be found in full stops. Not me for one.

Mary Sue said...

lolololol! I started sputtering when I read your ninja songs -- I'm listening to OPERA right now!!

And um...camels convo...:D My dad did something like that to my mom once when she first came over from Lebanon, about bikers...but she'd kill me if I told it in public. Suffice it to say - my dad played a huge joke on her and she was totally taken in...