Monday, December 8, 2008

THOSE sort of awkward conversations

OK first quick thing before we get down to the serious (-ly disturbing) part of this blog (Don't worry... you'll find it amusing) I'd just like to say: woo! 21st post! (Can people please clean out their unfinished drafts?) Which now means that any posts will be pushed back to "older posts" and so to visit them you have to click buttons! Sorry... I know, all that effort... anyhoo, also, a special thankyou to the co-authors of this blog :) You are all wonderful and thankyou for contributing to this blog.... without it I would just be blogging by myself... which I do... so... yeah... woo! We now have a reasonable amount of co-authors. All of which are purely awesome! I hope to have a few more in the future sometime... and they'll all need to visit the first post http://ramblingsofcornflakes.blogspot.com/2008/11/fellow-cornflakes.html or I shall surely find them and hurt them.......... badly... grr (rar)

OK! When reading books or watching a movie and a teenager is all of a sudden confronted by a conversation they can't avoid and didn't know was coming it is sometimes very amusing to me... especially those sorts of talks that happen around the teenage years when your parents notice that you are getting affectionate towards someone else... yes... hilarious! Insant comedy gold every time I see those sorts of things somewhere because I'm incredibly sadistic and love the awkwardness that those poor poor people experience... in fact, I was just reading Eclipse today and Charlie decides to discuss with Bella how serious she is with Edward.... hahahaha!
That's so funny!

... up until the point that it happens to you... yeah... yeah I asked my mother if a very special person could maybe come over during new years eve and this of course involves being with her for an entire night. This in my mother's books is VERY BAD AND WRONG! So very wrong... OK first comes the strange shocking realisation that... I'm only 16! (Really mum!? I didn't know...) So therefore I apparently don't have a brain.

But she says "don't worry I trust you.."

OK now this brainless teenager shouldn't be around other brainless teenagers of the opposite gender unnatended because this will obviously ultimately lead to all sorts of things.... yeah because absolutely no thought or planning or precautions are put into this sort of thing? Yes, I know you're going to be alone and all and (the classic line): "I trust you.... BUT you're probably not going to be thinking of the consequences when the time comes" of course not mum... the last thing I'd be thinking about when I'm finally doing that is your angry face... that kinda ruins the mood if I'm thinking about you beating me across the head... Oh yeah plus your upbringing of me by pouring all those gentlemanly ideas into my head obviously means nothing.... Parents. They think they've done a good a job up until the point that you're 16.... then they don't believe a single thing they've ever said has sunk in and that you're probably going to go do something innapropriate (Hey at my age it's not illegal... so you can't have that issue with it) but don't worry... "I trust you"

Hey how about this deal? I don't disobey you... and you never ever EVER have one of these talks with me EVER again? I'd like that idea...

The idea (that my mother seems to have) is to say "I trust you" as much as she can... then everything else she says basically means "I just don't trust you at all..." OK so just imagine me standing there trying to get around this subject as much as possible and I'm writhing in pain inside because my mother doesn't just make these things uncomfortable because they're naturally uncomfortable... but she somehow tries to make them worse.... OK a prime example is this particular talk involved her mentioning that because I'm 16 that I don't have self control (hell, if I'm not storming out as soon as you bring this topic up just so not to upset you even though I really really want to be anywhere but there listening to you then.... I think I have some self control) and then comes the line...

"I was 16 once too you know I know what it's like..."

AAAGGHHHH!!! AGH! AGH! AGH! AAAAAAGGHHHH!!!! *brain melts* I refuse to think that my mother was ever my age and ever would know what.... the sort of stuff she's trying to make me keep in check is like.... agh! agh! no! my mother has always been over 40! All the photos of her being younger are all photoshopped! My mother was never 16... no... no... no too bad mum that doesn't count as an excuse because you didn't exist until I was 5... because I have no memory of you earlier than that.

This wasn't the worst conversation.... one was about "chilvary" and "not taking advantage" and has the worst possible line a mother could ever tell her son...

"treat her like your sister"

Hey thanks mum! Hahaha yeah OK treat her like my sister.... sorry, are you trying to ruin every relationship I have? I don't want to treat anyone like my sister! AGH! If I treated her remotely like my sister we'd never hug... worst thing you could possibly have just before a date is that line.... my mother apparently doesn't like affection... at all... it's bad and evil. So are grandchildren... which she doesn't want ever even when I'm older... nope. All forms of affection or anything are banned and must be repressed with disturbing mental images....

But don't worry... I'm being cautious and all but it's only because...

"I trust you"

Like hell you do! Parents never trust their children and sometimes they bloody well have reasons behind that! Sometimes they don't! This is one of those times when they don't... I just wish they'd be so naieve like they are about other things ("No don't worry mum A Clockwork Orange has nothing violent or obscene in it.... can I watch it?" "Yeah ok") and that they didn't insist of having one of those kinds of conversations... and if so... just have it once. I heard you the first time! I'm trying to talk over you because I don't like hearing the same thing twice!

Have a nice day :) Because mine was ruined by my brain melting....

2 comments:

Viola said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

yes i am always here for you....to laugh at you squirming in that embarrassed state.

hehe...

the thing that should not be said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

your mum is a red fruitloop. i can honestly say my parents dont trust me, and with good bloody reason! they tried giving me a talk once, then after realising i knew more than they thought i would, they gave up. its been good.