Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A blog about Moe

I was instructed by Bilby to "blog moe!" and here I am, blogging moe! I did have an issue at first... I keep forgetting things lately and then I couldn't remember how to do all this blogging whatsit and then this big flashy thing came up saying DON'T PRESS THE RED BUTTON! And so I pressed the red button and it started raining tacos and nachos outside and then a banana driving a giant lollipop shaped spaceship landed in the backyard....

Not really.

But I did fix the problem and I could go for a taco right now.

So... moe, moe, moe. What is moe?

Moe is a character in The Simpsons. That's what Moe is. That's really all I think about when I think about Moe. Grey hair. *laughs at certain person with a grey hair*. Don't you kinda feel sorry for Moe sometimes? He tries so hard... fails so often...

Anywho, other meanings of Moe. Well, I fondly refer to a "moustache" as a "moe". Which reminds me of this one time I was drinking a Mocha Chill. I was staring up at this giant Mocha Chill sign (I was in a canteen) and it occured to me.... Chill... chillax! So then my friend and I grabbed permanent markers and wrote all over the cartons. No longer was I drinking "Mocha Chill" but a "Mochacha Chillax!" Then I organised my friends chocolates in alphabetical order by flavour, including the wrappers of the ones we'd already eaten. Anywho, so then we were writing random things and drawing random things (like a muffin train with a skillet hat) and I was mixing up the words of "Mocha Chillax" and was saying random things like "Chacha with a moe!" so I drew 3 little men wearing various dresses (one also had a top hat) doing the chacha and then I gave them all different moustaches.

Yay for random Google searches. A "moe (slang)" according to Wikipedia is "a Japanese slang word originally referring to fetish or love for characters in video games or anime and manga." But just like every other great Wikipedia article, it need "additional citations for verification." According to Uncyclopedia, which is just as reliable as Wikipedia, if not moreso, says "Moƫ" is a "slang word referring to non-sexual feelings of love and caring evoked by certain metal musicians."

People should Google search things more often. Like these guys I know who are saying "I will quand you" and so I searched for it, and "quand" means "when" in French.

moe. is also a band name. I love random band names, although some things get out of hand when you have to tell people about this song called "Do It Again! You're Not Making Me Want To Touch You! by You, Me and Everyone We Know" or one of those really long titles from Fall Out Boy. Soon enough songs like "This Awesomely Awesome Song Is So Fantabulous You Just Want To Dance To It Even Though We're An Emo Band Who Aren't Really Emo Because That's What We Tell You And You Will Think Exactly What We Tell You To Because We Like To Wear Top Hats At 10am On Sunday Mornings On The Fourty-fourth Week Of The Year Whilst Eating A Tofu Burger And Riding A Llama That Likes To Knit Long Wooly Socks" will be appearing on the charts! And don't deny it, you know you'd love to hear a song that has that as a title.

Hmm... After reading through a vast number of pages of Google searches (oh yes, I just love researching my blog material :P) I found the Anime News Network, which states that "To be moe, a character can be eager or perky, not overly independent, and call forth a desire in the viewer to protect them and nurture them. The term is also used to describe any preciously cute item." I can see it now, boyfriends calling their girlfriends "moe". "Does my butt look big in this?" "Awww you're so moe."

Who knew one liiiitle typo would result in a blog such as this, full of adventure, colour, random ramblings and irrelevant facts! And tacos. Lots and lots of tacos.

Anywho, what else does moe mean? Well I guess the closest thing I can think of is "mo", as in "moment". Like, "Hang on for just a mo." So I suggest you stop reading this and go and live the mo... moment. Mo just doesn't work in a serious way here. But really, this is the last day of the year! In less than 12 hours (I failed the maths exam, don't expect me to count much more!) this year is GONE. Never to be returned to... Until I find a time machine. But still, go forth young stallion and have a wonderful last day of 2008.

And yes, I just called you an adult male horse that has not been castrated. xD

It seemed fitting....

Anywho, enjoy the last moments of this year, and have a wonderful new year!

2 comments:

Bilby P. Dalgyte said...

Lorna is very moe :P

Haha this is why you're here :) because the strangest things appear in ur blog and that is a truly wonderful thing :P

(P.S. yay! I inspired a blog with a typo!)

the thing that should not be said...

i had a moe once.

since then japan has banned me from visiting ever again.

and i am no longer allowed to watch sailor moon..... shame on me.