Sunday, August 2, 2009

Perfect World

(This guy didn't get to go to Comic-con)

Do you believe in good news in preference to bad? Do you think the war will be over by spring-time? Have you got faith in our generals? If the answers to any of these questions is yes, then you are sufferin' from that dread disease, Optimism, and should take seven days' leave immediately.

Wish you'd take ten.

No I'm not making a political statement about war, I'm quoting a play. "Oh What a Lovely War" (satire) is a fascinating musical about World War 1 that my school is making a performance of. It's even been advertised in the local paper and my role was mentioned briefly! They mentioned multi-media and that's my job. Sure I stuff up every now and then and end up making gunshots and explosion noises halfway through people's dialogue but other than that I'm good at it.

Damn right no one can click a mouse button like me! I am the button clicking master.

My eyes hurt from looking at the computer screen for a few hours... the really terrible thing is today I'm going to have to sit in the dark trying to read a small script for four hours so I know the cues. That's going to cause a massive headache! Yay! It would be nice if we had a perfect world without eye pain or head pain.

Speaking of the world. It's ending soon. 2012 coming soon! Along with The Book of Eli (which ISN'T the Fallout 3 movie people!) 9 and The Road which goes nicely with previous end of the world movies like The Day After Tomorrow, the Resident Evil series, 28 Days/Weeks Later and Knowing (although unfortunately, I don't think anyone can really claim a better movie moment than Twister and it's flying cow). We've got so many end of the world movies recently. Perhaps it'll overtake fantasy and magic as the new popular trend. Watch out Harry Potter, LOTR and Twilight! The world is ending! (Live forever now Edward! Live forever now!) During the 40's we had war films, 50's we had sci-fi films, 60's we had... lots of pretty colours and groovy busses and then there were some... trends in the 70's and 80's but I don't know what they were but I'm sure they existed. Now, the new century brings the end of the world showing you just how optimistic we all are about global warming/nuclear war/terrorism/zombiepocalypse.

I personally believe in optimism. I believe we can survive the zombiepocalypse! Sure, the facebook quiz I took says I'll only last a year at the max but I am confident that if we all band together and work hard for a better future we can avoid being torn to pieces and being eaten by ravenous hordes of rotting animate corpses of old people and the homeless. I suggest that we try to eradicate them today, for a better world tomorrow.

Join me in weekly cullings of the aged and homeless. We can achieve anything... together.

P.S. Oh no! Zombie whores! Don't let them bit you or you'll get infected! *hits drums*

3 comments:

Corn on the Cobb said...

the 80's was the time of slasher movies. friday the 13th, nightmare on elm street, prom night, hellraiser, childs play, ect ect ect not to mention the amount of sequels made in the same decade

hmm, well in all apocalypse movies there bullshit, coz it aint apocalypse coz we survive.
except for in Knowing, we all got owned xD.

and NO! Twister was NOT apocalyptic! The best apocalyptic scene is in the happening is basicaly, EVERY DEATH SCENE.
lol that movie is so horrible. but the death scenes are SO FREAKIN HILARIOUS.
all the dudes jumping off the building xD

the thing that should not be said...

sorry bilby, but my zombie apocalypse survival plan does not allow for any ginger nuts to survive the carnage.

if it makes you feel any better, we wont feed you to the zombies, just watch and wait for them to find your ginger hidey hole :)

Bilby P. Dalgyte said...

I haven't actually seen Twister... I'm not even entirely sure of the plot. I just remember something about a cow and felt like putting it in this blog...

... I like cows...